CDIA Institute Structure and Governance
The CDIA Institute is legally incorporated as a non-stock, non-profit corporation in the Philippines (CDIA Inc.). Such incorporation serves as the starting point for the evolution of CDIA into a sustainable regional international institution with an international statute in the medium term.
In the short term, this arrangement provides for legal recognition of CDIA in the Philippines and facilitates ease of CMT day-to-day operations. The Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws reflect the subservience of CDIA Institute to the overall governance structure of CDIA, in particular to the policy guidance of the CDIA PRC. To further safeguard this, two members of the Board of Trustees of CDIA Institute (including the Chairman) serve with bilateral mandates of PRC members ADB and BMZ respectively. The ADB CDIA Program Manager and GIZ CDIA Program Coordinator serve as Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director respectively.
The Shareholders of CDIA Inc. can be comprised of Voting and Non-Voting membership. For further information on joining CDIA Inc. as either a voting or non-voting member, please contact email@example.com .
Board of Trustees
The CDIA Institute Board of Trustees is established pursuant to Article VI of the By-Laws, to exercise corporate powers, manage operations, control the property of CDIA Institute and to serve as its regular members. It is composed of six members – 5 elected from among the members of the CDIA Institute and the Executive Director.
The CDIA Board of Trustees is comprised of the following eminent persons:
Mr. TEODORO KATIGBAK
- Chairman, Collective Project Management, Inc.;
- President of various organizations involved in real estate developments;
- Chairman, Urban Poor Solutions;
- Chairman, Foundation for the Development of Urban Poor; and
- Former Chairman, Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC).
Mr. HANS-JÜRGEN SPRINGER
- From March 2008, elected as Executive Secretary of Association of Former Employees (AFE) of ADB FE-ADB (4 years term); and Coordinator for Health and Insurance matters;
- Former Head, Agriculture and Social Sectors Department (East) and retired in 2002 as Special Counselor to the President; and
- Joined the Asian Development Bank (ADB) in 1972 as a financial analyst in the Financial Analysis and Development Bank’s Division.
Mr. BUENAVENTURA GERONIMO P. TREÑAS
- Congressman, 2010 – present;
- Mayor, City of Iloilo 2001 – 2010;
- National Chairman & Former President, League Cities of the Philippines (LCP);
- Executive Committee Member, International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives;
- Vice-President for Visayas, Union for Local Authorities of the Philippines;
- Former Co-Chairman, Infrastructure Committee Regional Development Council; and
- Former Chairman, Economic Development Committee, Regional Development Council.
Mrs. NIGHTINGALE KEYES
- President/Executive Director, Freedom to Build, Inc. and former Board Member; and
- Former Manager, Credit and Collections, Master Builders, Inc.
Mr. JOCHEM LANGE
- Country Director, Philippines & Pacific Region, German Agency for Technical Cooperation (GIZ);
- Former Director, Economic Development and Employment, in the Planning and Development Dept. (P&D, GTZ’s sectoral structure dept.); and
- Former Agriculture Sector Specialist, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB).
This post is also available in: Chinese (Simplified)