This event will offer a meeting point for the exchange of views from key actors in the field seeking to remove bottlenecks that cities face as they endeavor to access financing for pro-poor and inclusive urban development. It brings together multi- and bilateral financing agencies, cities, NGOs, National Partner Organizations, and national as well as provincial government officials involved in the financing of urban development to explore all aspects of financing pro-poor and inclusive urban development. The forum will integrate the different sectors, financial mechanisms and approaches developed, combined with an exposure visit on successful urban development projects.
The objectives behind this and other CDIA’s activities to promote pro-poor and inclusive urban development are to develop the capacity of cities in regards to:
- Raising awareness on urban poverty issues, generating an interest in and showing ways of addressing them;
- Presenting and discussing successful ways of working in the framework of the PFS process – CDIA and other examples from Asia and worldwide;
- Provide resources to move forward through the presentation, discussion, and adaptation of existing specific financial mechanisms for pro-poor and inclusive urban development as well as developing new ones according to the specific needs identified per sector.
In preparation for the Forum, 3 Sector Workshops will be organized in three different cities. These will look into three aspects of urban development that are of specific relevance to poor communities. The focus of these workshops will be on concrete applications in the Pre-Feasibility Studies (PFS) held in the following locations and dates:
- Naga, Philippines: Slum Upgrading (31 Aug.-2 Sep. 2011)
- Yogyakarta, Indonesia: Urban Transport (6-8 Sep. 2011), and
- Chennai, India: Water and Solid Waste Management (12-14 Sep. 2011)
Registration to attend the forum will open shortly. To be placed on the mailing list for updates on this event, please send a short note to: Events@CDIA.Asia
CDIA Regional Forum Pro-Poor Urban Infrastructure Investments in Asia (Materials)Bangkok, Thailand
29 November – 1 December 2011